Version of 1 April 2019
The protection of your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. This is why we undertake to respect the confidentiality of the personal data we gather.
This Confidentiality Policy informs you about the way in which the Website uses and protects the information you provide us with as you navigate through its pages.
Please note that this Policy may be modified or added to by the Website Publisher at any time, in particular in order to comply with any changes in legislation, case law, regulations or technology. In such a case, the date of the update shall be clearly identified in the header of this Policy.
Website: refers to the website lachambrecaen.com.
User: when you visit the Website, you become a user of the content and services provided by the Website.
Terminal: this refers to the device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to access and navigate the Website.
2) Personal data gathered
We may gather and process the following data:
Information you send directly to us: By navigating the Website, you may be required to send us information, some of which may enable your identification (your “Personal Data”). This is the case in particular when you use the contact form or sign up to our newsletter…
Such information may contain the following Personal Data in particular:
– first name and surname
– email address
– postal address
– and other information that you may send to us during exchanges or contact with us.
Information that we automatically gather via interactivity with the Website: This involves data gathered using cookies, in particular by Google Analytics, with the following information for example:
– information related to devices you use to access the Website (computer, tablet, smartphone);
– IP address, connection and location data (IMPORTANT: we have deployed an anonymization system for IP addresses gathered by Google Analytics);
– operating platforms and system;
– data concerning your navigation of the Website (URLs of pages visited, duration of consultation, search terms used, etc.).
We may also gather certain of your Personal Data when you interact with social network functions, such as the “like” function.
Cookies are small files of text data in alphanumeric format that are left on your hard drive when you navigate on a website.
These files are generated by the server of the website visited or a third-party server (web analytics service, advertising agency, etc.).
Cookies enable your identification (via your computer) when you return to the website initially visited.
Cookies are unable to retrieve or send any data from your hard drive, or deliver viruses to your device.
We may also include tracking pixels in our emails and newsletters, which are small image files that make it possible to determine whether messages have been opened and whether any links they contain have been consulted.
The cookies and similar technologies we use may be related to:
- functionality: i.e. required for the provision of a function, such as your identification for communication, a comment, or any online orders, for example;
- analytics and performance: i.e. used for purposes of monitoring and marketing analysis of visits to the Website;
- social networks: these are cookies left by social network sharing buttons. These cookies may come from the server of the Website or third-parties (such as Google Analytics for example).
By disabling online cookie services: – Analytic and performance cookies: Google Analytics – Social network cookies: Facebook – Twitter – Google+ – YouTube – LinkedIn – Instagram
If you refuse the saving of cookies on your Terminal, you may continue to navigate the Website, however certain parts or functions may not operate correctly.
4) The purpose of gathering and processing your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data, with your consent, in order to:
- provide you with content you have requested (in particular the newsletter, etc.);
- establish contact and/or communication with you in order to provide you with information about our activities and/or services;
- enable you, if required, to communicate with other visitors to the Website, in particular through comments on articles;
- produce usage statistics in order to enable us to improve management of the Website (presentation, organisation, adaptation of content to your device, etc.) and your user experience;
- enable you to personalise your profile in order to provide you with content and offers that are related to your expectations and interests;
Such processing is based on your consent and/or the legitimate interest we have in measuring the effectiveness of our services and compliance with our respective obligations.
5) Recipients of information gathered
The Publisher does not engage in the trading of your Personal Data. Consequently, your Personal Data shall only be shared in the following cases:
- with our web analytics service providers (Google Analytics);
- with our email service providers (MailChimp);
- when you make a request for it to be shared, for example if you use an authentication method provided by a social network or if you arrive at the Website via a click on an advertisement or a link on a partner website.
6) How long your Personal Data is kept
Your Personal Data are kept by the Publisher and/or its service providers for the time necessary to provide the services corresponding to the gathering of such data or in order to fulfil your request.
7) Protection of your Personal Data
The security of the Website and your Personal Data is of the utmost importance to us. Your Personal Data are kept on our server at our hosting service provider in a secure environment, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Our security system includes the following in particular:
- Protection of the Website with the Let’s Encrypt certificate, using a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) system.
- Firewall and malware monitoring via iThemes Security provided by iThemes. Specific encryption of email addresses via Email Encoder Bundle.
- Encryptage spécifique des adresses e-mail par Email Encoder Bundle.
- Anonymization of your IP address for Google Analytics processing through the use of Google Analytics Germanized.
- Administrator access protected with complex passwords.
On your part, you are responsible for the protection of your User ID and password and must protect yourself against unauthorised access to these; in particular, if you share a Terminal, you must ensure that you have properly logged out following each use of the Website.
8) Your Personal Data rights
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- right to access: you can access the Personal Data that we may hold concerning you;
- right to rectification: you can update your Data, if required, in the interface for the management of your settings, or ask us to perform such an update.
- right to erasure: you can ask us to delete your Personal Data.
- right to portability: you can ask us to provide a copy of the Personal Data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
In order to exercise any one of these rights, use the contact button in the last paragraph below.
We will do our utmost to provide you with the required information, or carry out modifications or deletions, within 30 days following receipt of your request, which must be accompanied by proof of identity, due to our security and confidentiality obligation, and with the exception of clearly unreasonable requests due to their number or repetitive or systematic nature.
We may however keep some of your Personal Data when required to do so by the law or for a legitimate reason, and in particular to assert our rights in the event of a dispute.
9) Applicable regulations
The Website is subject to French law and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), adopted by the European Parliament and Council on 27 April 2016, as well as the amended French Data Protection Act (Loi Informatique et Libertés) of 6 January 1978. For all information concerning applicable regulations, you may consult the website of the French Data Protection Authority (Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés – CNIL)
10) Contact / Exercising your rights
To request information or exercise a right, please send us a message via the form below: